Board of Directors Role
Legal & Compliance Experience
GiveClear Canada is seeking a person who is generous in life practice, who would run parallel in heart with the Vision and Mission of GiveClear® (see below), and who would be able to prioritize his/her time to be an active member of the governance board of GiveClear®.
This person will have strong expertise and experience in the legal and/or compliance sector and be willing to learn about Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) and to help assure compliance as the DAF grows in the B2C (Business to Consumer) and B2B (Business to Business) environments.
This person will be an advocate in the community, and will assist in the process of searching, recruiting, and vetting new directors.
We envision a new model of philanthropy, empowering people of any means to give and support effective change.
We deliver an inspiring charitable giving experience through innovative technology, bringing additional accountability, transparency, and effectiveness to philanthropy.
Care and Conduct
The successful candidate will understand and readily adhere to the Board of Director’s Policies & Responsibilities.
Understanding of Opportunities and Operations
This role requires a functional understanding of the unique opportunities that stand before GiveClear, and how the DAF in operates.
Time and Energy Commitment
- The Board meets regularly online for 90 minutes on a quarterly basis, with an average of two extra meetings per year as needed.
- Straightforward motions will be considered and voted on via email from time to time if it is more efficient than waiting for the next official Board meeting.
- Information packages with supplemental documents are provided in advance of meetings by GiveClear Staff.
- This is a Governance Board, not a “working” Board, and is strictly volunteer. GiveClear staff commits to efficient operational management leading to provision and resourcing for efficient Board Governance.
- In all, the yearly time commitment for this position would be approximately 36-40 hours.
Further Resources for Considerations:
A Prospective Director Information Package is attached. This document includes:
- “The Future of Philanthropy is Digital” Introduction to DAFs
- “Why GiveClear?”
- Prospective Board Director Application
- Board of Directors Policies and Responsibilities
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Program Guidelines
We're looking forward to meeting you. Submit your interest to email@example.com